Created by MOB in collaboration with Cailler-Nestlé, the Chocolate Train allows passengers to discover both the landscape and typical Swiss products. You will travel exclusively in 1st class, in authentic train coaches from the ‘Belle Epoque’, dating back to 1915 and/or in modern panoramic coach.
One simply cannot visit Switzerland without sampling Switzerland’s most famous speciality – Swiss chocolate. Montreux-Berner Oberland railway has dedicated a whole train to the world’s most delicate temptation. In the stately “Belle Époque”-Pullman 1915 vintage coaches and later by bus, visitors travel in 1st class style only.
Route: Montreux – Montbovon > change from train to bus > Gruyères – Broc Fabrique – Montreux
Duration: 7 h 30 min
Food & Beverages
- Coffee and chocolate croissants after leaving Montreux
- Free admission to the show dairy “La Maison du Gruyère”
- Free admission to the chocolate factory of Nestlé Cailler in Broc
Schedule 2021: the chocolate train operates Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through the end of August.
Normally, the Chocolate train operates as follows:
- May – June: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- July – August: daily
- September – October: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays